Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Village Leaders

Jambo!

Yesterday, I went around the town of Kamuli on the back of Kaiso's Boda-Boda (motorcycle) and met with several of the town officials to discuss our dorm. It was a wonderful experience! All of the local leaders welcomed me warmly, as did the Headmaster of Kamuli Township School and the Deputy Head Master of St. Theresa. I think it is imperative for us to make connections, and show the community that we are taking the appropriate steps forward with the dorm.

Also yesterday, several of the girls stopped by to show my their test reports. I'm happy to report that all of the girls are doing exceedingly well, and I firmly believe that they will finish this school year strongly. GO GIRLS!

2 comments:

Carol on October 27, 2009 at 3:41 PM said...

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the updates. I check the blog site everyday! Keep up the great work.

jk on October 28, 2009 at 3:10 AM said...

Sarah; i like the Lusaga, please send a few words at a time with phonetic spelling and we will practice them here in the US. Can you add some pictures with you blog? Like the girls with their test scores.

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

a

Text

EDUCATION LINK Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template