Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Dorm

Greetings from Kamuli!
As I sit here drinking my morning tea with a delicious Rolex (chipati and egg wrap) I thought I would fill you in on this weekend.

I arrived on Friday from Jinja with Dr. Frank. When we pulled up to the dorm I was astonished at all the progress made. The construction is finished and most of the construction supplies have been removed. Monica prepared us a lovely meal of rice and beef as Frank and I settled in. Soon after Lucie arrived and helped me establish my room. After a quick bite to eat I headed off to bed.

Saturday morning I awoke at about half past six and readied myself for the day. At eight-thirty many of the children began to show up to the dorm. We established a plan of attack and started to scrub our dorm. Room by room we scrubbed our dorm clean until it shined! After a hard days work we all relaxed under the tree in the courtyard with juice and cakes. Also, we played with the new dorm computer! Everyone who cleaned had a turn using the computer to write their name, age, and grade. One by one the kids headed home after a good day and will be coming next Saturday to plant flowers around the perimeter of our dorm.

Sunday was a casual day. I took advantage of the fact that I could have a nice long sleep-in! After a mellow afternoon Lucie and I headed towards the meeting hall to watch the Manchester United versus Liverpool soccer match. The match was projected on the wall and we cheered on Manchester United with a crowd of 100+ people. Although Manchester United lost I had a wonderful time, but was happy to break out of the crowd for some fresh air!

Now here we are at the beginning of another busy day in Kamuli. More tomorrow plus some pictures of the fun we had with the laptop!

Cheers!

1 comments:

jk on October 27, 2009 at 5:17 AM said...

What the heck is a Rolex?

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

a

Text

EDUCATION LINK Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template